Canon EOS R3 Shutter Life
The Canon EOS R3 is a 24 megapixel full-frame mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera launched by Canon officially announced by Canon on 14 September 2021 alongside two RF mount lenses. The camera is available as body only with a MSRP of US$5,999.00. The camera marks the return of eye-controlled autofocus, a feature not seen in a Canon camera since the Canon EOS-3 in 1998. Even though the camera was not officially released to the public, it was already used at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Japan. The EOS R3 won Camera Grand Prix 2022 Editors Choice Technology Award.
Canon EOS R3 shutter rated lifespan is 500000 actuations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's this histogram shows?
- This shutter count histogram shows how many known camera bodies have reached some particular shutter count values. On vertical axis there are shutter count ranges and on horizontal there are body counts within them.
- Where's this data coming from?
- This shutter count histogram was created with data acquired via the ShutterCheck application. All data points were collected in an automated way from users who have opted-in into sharing of anonymous shutter life data of their cameras.
- What's the purpose of this graph?
- This shutter count histogram was created with the desire to give people better estimates of shutter life of their cameras beyond dry numbers of shutter rated lifespan. As you probably heard of, most cameras usually live longer than guaranteed by their vendor, sometimes even much longer. That’s why I collected here a real-world shutter count data, so you be able to make more informed decisions about your camera gear.